- A Red-headed
Woodpecker at Great Esker Park in Weymouth (12/27/2001)
- A cooperative
Owl in Saquish on the Marshfield CBC (12/23/01)
- Winthrop has
a roost of Black-crowned
had a Sage
and some cooperative Purple Sandpipers on November 25th.
Crossbills and a Western
Kingbird in northern Essex County (11/04/2001)
- The Lesser Black-backed Gull has finished its
pre-basic molt (10/11/2001).
- I finally got
some shots of the Lesser
Black-backed Gull at Long Wharf in Boston (9/13/2001).
- How about a
on a fine September day (9/9/2001)?
- A lone Sandhill Crane at Great
Meadows Natl. Wildlife Refuge in Concord, MA (9/2/2001)
Chatham, had an Atlantic
and lots of birds (8/31/2001)
- An adult Sora, accompanied by a juvenile,
was a bonus at Plum Island (8/25/2001)
- The SSBC trip
to The Berkshires
had few birds but plenty of interesting sights (6/16-17/2001)
- Curlew Sandpiper, Woodcock, and more
at Plum Island (5/14/2001)
- A Lark Sparrow at Plum Island (5/10/2001)
- An assortment
of sights from Quabbin
- Three Wilson's Phalaropes on Plum Island, and all
- A very nice
- The Bug Eaters have arrived in Stoughton! (4/25/01)
- The migration
of the Saltmarsh Wild Turkeys
at Plum Island
are signs of spring (4/10/2001)
- The Great Horned Owl is still there, along with
Great Blue Herons (4/1/2001)
are now "countable" in Massachusetts (3/24/2001)
- A Thick-billed Murre in Provincetown Harbor
after a storm (3/23/2001)
- A Great Horned Owl on nest along with a Glossy
Ibis in March (3/18/2001) means Spring is coming.
- This Fisher in Lincoln, MA was found by a postal
worker. Okay, it's not a bird but who cares?
- An adult male
Painted Bunting is a
sight for winter-weary eyes in March (3/11/2001)
- A flock of
Vesper Sparrows is an
interesting sight in February (2/18/2001)
- Breakfast of Champions, a
Sharpie in our yard (2/11/2001)
winter there were three but even one Sandhill Crane is
pretty cool (2/10/2001)
the wilds of Plymouth, MA. A bit of this, a bit of that.
time, and the eagles are easy.... See "Eagles
and Chats and Peregrines (oh my)."
South Shore Bird Club Death March to Race Point was interesting
- for sure (1/13/2001)
and about on my birthday, photos of Snow Buntings and a Short-eared Owl (1/12/2001)
to Latest Flashes